Walter Devins concentrates his practice on startup, small, and medium businesses, using his previous legal experience and professional background to better serve his clients. While working as both outside counsel and in-house counsel, Mr. Devins gained a unique view into serving his clients in the best way possible. His practice includes employment issues, contract negotiations, lease arrangements, franchise agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and tax issues.
Mr. Devins has represented multibillion dollar, publicly traded companies before the SEC, and he has overseen Mergers and Acquisitions of over $50 million. In addition, Mr. Devins has been on staff as the only legal counsel for a business with up to 1,200 employees, working on issues such as employment, intellectual property protection, new product development, building lease issues, and defending against frivolous claims.
• University of North Carolina, School of Law, J.D., 2005
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Business Administration, 2002
• Admitted, North Carolina State Bar
• Inactive, Georgia State Bar
• Member, State Bar of North Carolina